Friday, September 18, 2009

Self-Judgement



Judgement and Criticism according to Carolyn Myss Ph.D in her book Anatomy of a Spirit, Judgement and Criticism has to do with the 5th Chakra and the fifth Chakra is Throat, Thyroid, Trachea, Neck vertebrae, Mouth Teeth and gums, Esophogus, Parathyroid, Hypothalamus. "Energy connection to the emotional/mental body: The fifth chakra resonates to the numerous emotional and mental struggles involved in learning the nature of the power of choice. All illness has a connection to the fifth chara, because choice is involved in every detail of our lives and therefore in every illness."
I find this profound, I know it has been said many ways but I find this paragraph really answers a lot. I have to say I haven't read this book from front to cover but right here right now I will. Especially the fifth chakra chapter. At the end of the chapter she outlines 5 questions or maybe I should say five rules.
"The greatest act of will in whcih we can invest our spirtis is to choose to live according to these rules."
"1. Make no judgements
2. Have no expectations.
3. Give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
4. Trust that the unscheduled events of our lives are a from of spiritual direction.
5. Have the courage to make the choices we need to make, accept what we cannot change, and have the wisdome to know the difference."

We all tend to be our own worst enemy. Speaking for myself I find that I am constantly making judgements and criticisms of myself. So I am asking myself how in the world can that serve me? Do you do this to yourself? I am working on being a better friend to me. Making choices that better serve, not living life from fear.

The picture I have posted reminded me of the wisdom of the ancient tree and that new growth comes from that tree. Moss always reminds me of a soft pillow you could lay your head upon.

May your day be filled with wonderful choices. The choice to be all that you can be.

No comments: